Saturday 21 December 2013

Spoken word, written.

Thank You

HOW CAN THIS BE?
You've put the spring back in my step, the butterflies back in my stomach and Cupid's bow is tingling from nothing more than conversation. 

THIS IS NOT ME?
For so long I've felt numb inside, wanting to hide until the grey clouds disappear from behind these weary eyes. I think dawn is finally breaking, not my heavy heart. 

I imagine you becoming the sugar in my tea, the cream on my scone, the honey on my cashew nut... Not necessary, not needed to complete me. But who declines the cherry on the cake? Make NO MISTAKE, in just 10 days you've made my world a brighter place. 

Thank you x

(Anon)



It's interesting how spoken word poetry reads very differently than it sounds isn't it? I am lucky enough to know a great spoken wordsmith and am also a massive fan of Holly McNish who writes about things I can relate to that are so close to my heart. I've always written poetry for reading, mostly it translates on to being read aloud but not necessarily much I'd ever perform. I'd like to give it a go some day though - seeing Holly and my friend Cherry have audiences agog at the profundity of their rhythmical statements is something I want a piece of. 

No comments: